Saturday, October 3, 2015

British National Cycle Network: To Portishead and the Coast

9/27/15
Tonight was the super moon eclipse (blood moon). I think back in the states the eclipse occurred around 9pm, but here it was at maximum at 4am. So I set my alarm and woke up at the crack of dawn to see it.  With the full moon, the tides have been pretty crazy here. This area has the 2nd biggest tidal fluctuation (2nd to Bay of Fundy in Canada).  When the tide is coming in, the Avon River is rushing inland and when the tide is going out the river is rushing back out to the ocean. Pretty crazy to stand on one of the bike bridges and look down at it.

9/28/15

Yet another beautiful day, so as a work break, I biked the 20 mile roundtrip to Portishead and the ocean there. Portishead is a quaint little town with some nice ocean views.

I didn't get a picture of the blood moon, but Elisha did from Montana











My place. My room is the window on the 1st floor on the left. Elizabeth's room is on the 2nd floor


2 comments:

Carleen Ogg said...

Hey Travis, How long are you in Bristol (still there?) Two of our best friends on the planet are Brits who live in Bristol and would love to meet you. Let me know.
Carleen

Traveling Trav said...

I'm in Bristol until the 13th. I'll email you! Sounds cool!