Saturday, November 5, 2011

laid back saturday

11-4-11

In the evening I made another visit to the corner bar. It's fun, and they always get me rum and cokes, which is cool. And they like to say how young and studly and how many ladies I can get, so it makes me laugh and blush.

11-5-11

Hung out with Cassa a bit this evening and visited the corner bar with her where I got my specially modified headphones that Bill's mafia equipped for me. They did some splicing and soldering and added on about 6 feet extension to them. My roommate loves them, which is good and means he'll use them so I can sleep in peace. But now I'm down a pair of headphones. But they're pretty cheap to buy on amazon. Cassa is one of my favorites on the shuttles crew. She's very friendly and bubbly and open. She's the one that drives the turtle bus across the country and is working on her masters in geography.
I went to a craft fair this evening. Some pretty incredible and creative artists down here. I really liked some stuff and ended up doing a bit more Christmas shopping. It's funny b/c the a bit older ladies all think I'm so cute b/c I talk a lot about my mom and she has sent me some packages and then I was doing some more Christmas shopping for her.

Ildi had invited me to a surprise birthday party for one of her friends, but I've been battling a cold (the crud they call it down here) and want to get over it, so I didn't go. They also had the big homecoming dance party tonight. Everyone was getting all dressed up fancy and some in cool costumes. I went with Cassa to the costume place to pick out a fancy dress with her so she's match her date's burgundy blazer. It sounded like a lot of fun, but I didn't have a date, plus the whole sick thing, so I'm not going. I want to try and get better, plus Anne and Ginny invited me for another ski tomorrow so I want to be feeling good.

No comments: