Wednesday, October 26, 2011

who said I'd be too cold and too bored

10-26

We had more condition 1 weather and some nasty wind. Gusts up to 60mph that were shaking our vans and our whole ATO building.

After work I played pickleball, then a couple of hours of pickup basketball, then off to pub trivia at the bar gallaghers where team ATO got 3rd. Our team bombed the pop culture round.

It's warmed up considerably here. 3 days ago was our first day where it climbed out of the negatives, and we had a high of 1F. 2 days ago we got up to 3F, and yesterday a balmy 10. It's because the storm has come in. They say it was a really wet and warm winter and that the spring so far has been wet and warm as well. Of course the term wet and warm in Antarctica, the coldest and driest place on Earth mean a lot different than they do back in CO.

Nonetheless, even with this warm front that moved it, it was hovering around 0 when we left the b-ball court for the pub for trivia. I was very sweaty and super hot from all the sprinting so I didn't put on my big red parka right away. By the time we got to gallaghers, a 3 minute walk, I had ice crystals forming all over my shirt from all my sweat.

No comments: