Friday, October 28, 2011

Karaoke on Ice

10-28

It was a gorgeous blue sky day today and you could see forever. I had lots of taxi rides up to the upper hills, so I got to enjoy all the nice views.

We had something called roll call last night. It's where our boss of ATO (shuttles and cargo) puts down a whole bunch of money at one of the bars so that we can drink for free. Not sure how much he put down, but it was enough for me to have 2 rum and cokes, 1 G&T, and 4 beers. it was a fun party with everyone from our department going and it also happened to be karaoke night at the bar which made it extra fun. Our shuttle bosses name is sharona and so we have been callnig ourselves Sharona's Shuttlers. The Sharona Shuttlers all got up and sang the song My Sharona while Sharona dance crazily below us. I also got up the nerve to sing by myself and did the best rendition I could of the famous Stringfield version of I Will Survive. I unfortunately had to leave by 10:30 b/c I had the 5:15am shuttle the next morning, but still tons of fun nevertheless.

I met a guy who works in Cargo who now lives up in McCall Idaho, but he did a masters in wildlife bio up in Rocky Mtn NP way back in the early 90's on Elk.

Ginny told me it was supposed to snow 2 feet in EP yesterday. Not sure if it did b/c I couldn't get a hold of mom and I think she was visiting my bro in montana anyways.

No comments: