Monday, January 30, 2012

The Russians are Here!













































Week of 1-25-12 through 1-30-12

The Russian icebreaker vladimir arrived this week breaking through the sea ice. It's spent the week goig back and forth opening up a big portion of open water. Some whales have come into the open water, but I haven't been lucky enough to see them yet. A couple of days ago the huge fuel tanker arrived and we've been unloading fuel now.

Night shift is still going swell. Started a nightshift basketball league and still playing a lot of pickleball and ping pong.

The weather is getting much colder again and the wind picking up, but I've still been getting out to do the hiking loops a fair amount

I've got my flights all booked up for S. America, so I'm excited about that as well as having my campervan for my week in new zealand all booked as well. Starting to get sad about leaving this place soon...

2 comments:

Zach said...

Penguins and Journey songs. Antarctica IS the dream

Traveling Trav said...

AMEN!