Sunday, January 8, 2012

dodgeball, scott's hut 10k, and more
















1-8-12

Today was my day off and it was quite a long one and quite a great one. Started at 5pm (my 5am) with the Shuttles Christmas party at the BFC (byrd field center, aka building full of chicks). Holly, Sharona's Fiance, made his award winning chili and also some pizza and chocolate chip cookies. We all sat around and talked and then had our gift exchange. I got a cool dancing and singing penguin as well as a mug that says I <3 McMurdo.

After the party we headed down to the dodgeball tournament. I had organized a shuttle team consisting of Shuttle Mel, Shuttle Jen, Shuttle Linnah, Shuttle Krois, Shuttle Jerod, and myself. We didn't do to hot, but our sparkly and sequined costumes rocked.

After the dodgeball tourney we headed to gallaghers for a dance party, which was kind of weird considering it was us night shifters morning.
Today was the day of the 10k Scott's Hut race so we had to stay up late as it started at 9am (our 9pm), so we watched a couple movies (and napped) on the couches at the coffee shop.

The 10k was fun especially since shuttles had a big team. By the end of the race it was snowing quite nicely, but it was still warm and I ran in shorts and a t-shirt. I had to laugh b/c my friend Mark, Mark the weatherman (he's the weatherman for the airport) ran in goggles. Figures only the weatherman would be predicting an incoming snowstorm during the timeframe of a race.

1-9-12
It snowed hard all day and after work Mel, Jerod, and I took a hike out to hut point then came back into town and had fun throwing snowballs at people around the town.

No comments: