Saturday, October 24, 2009

some photos

Didn't have a chance to add to my blog in a while, so there are 3 new lengthy posts below and will hopefully have a better chance at keeping updated now that I am out of indonesia. Also adding some photos here. Someone back at home wanted to know what I was looking like these days, so they're all photos of me on my adventures in indo.
pictures top to bottom are as follows:

1. climbing the ropes to put up the sails on the cheng ho on my sail trip from flores to ambon

2. swimming with the most poisonous snake in the world off of gunung api island...the banda sea banded sea snake. But don't worry mom, their mouths are too small to bite human skin and they aren't aggressive anyways

3. the new chain smoking captain of the cheng ho

4. on top of Mt. Rinjani looking down at the crater lake

5-6. on the crater rim of gunung rinjani

7. sunset view from rinjani looking out towards bali

8. life on the gili islands

9. entrance to a balinese temple compound

10. jumping happy to be at bromo national park in java

11 and 12. in the underground mosque of yogyakarta located in the pleasure gardens of the sultan

13. my best hindu yoga pose on top of the very sacred mount merapi

14. on top of mt. merapi

15-17 Krakatau erupts!