Thursday, April 14, 2022

Arizona Spring

It's been a while since I wrote anything into the blog. We had a nice spring in Arizona. The weather was perfect! I really enjoyed the cool/warm days and chilly nights. We didn't do a whole lot of camping trips with our 3 days weekends as I had thought we might, but I did mountain bike a lot. Elisha also got a new mountain bike,so she often came along as well. 

We visited Tucson a couple of times to see grandma and to see the musical Wicked. We skied twice up at Arizona Snowbowl in Flagstaff, which had surprisingly good snow. I also took a Wilderness First Responder recert in the snow up there. We went to one of the First Friday artwalks in downtown Phoenix and discovered the "hip" part of town. We visted Mark and Sue in Quartzite one weekend. We did a really cool hike near Tortilla Flats called the Boulder Canyon trail that we did as a loop including La Barge Canyon. It was super beautiful and came across some cool pools in a steep canyon. The views from up high were spectacular, including of the weaver's needle. A good portion of our spring included a trip to Mexico and to Hawaii. Also trying to make job decisions and packing up to move. 

I also had been having some ball of foot pain (metatarsalgia) as well as pain on the sides of my feet (bunions and bunionettes), so I had been trying to deal with that seeing some doctors and trying to figure out treatment as well as dealing with a nagging hamstring issue. The winter and spring were writing "season" at AZGFD, so I worked a lot on writing up my reports from the previous summer. It felt like the spring really flew by and that we weren't as active as normal. We did do a lot of biking on the weekends and on the weekdays we did a lot of walking after work and then chilling watching shows, movies, or basketball. I remember always having a feeling of "oh no, this nice cool weather is going to end and then it's going to get miserable", which made me try to savor the moment more. It really was a great time of year to be in AZ.

No comments: