Monday, August 1, 2016

Greenland Triathlon

7/23/16

Today I initiated the Summit Station Triathlon. 10km skate ski. 20km bike. 10km run. I ended up winning the triathlon b/c, well, I was the only participant. It was beautiful weather. It was 24F, but the sun was so intense that I ran and skied in my t-shirt and was sweating. It's crazy b/c there I am sweating, yet the moisture from my heavy exhaling froze to my beard.

Dinner was a South Carolina specialty cooked by Andrew. Crab legs, potatoes, corn, shrimp, and sausage. Definitely tasty! Crab legs are always a treat. Kaija had shipped us some tequila, so we also had margaritas that we made from lemons and limes that we had.


my transition zone

my transition sled



3 comments:

Elisha Dawn said...

Congratulations on your first place finish!!

Carleen said...

Hey Travis! Had not looked at your blog since about last March, so had a LOT of catching up to do. So glad to hear you are off on another scientific adventure, and so fun to read about. Now don't forget your sunscreen and don't raid that Reg Guy drawer too often!
Have fun, stay warm.


Traveling Trav said...

Hi Carleen!! Glad you found the old blog again! And yes, I DO love the Reg Guy drawer! Hope you guys are having a great summer in the San Juans!