Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Treehouse Date

Private dates in Kenya are almost as hard to come by as they are in Antarctica.  I had heard about a place between Nanyuki and Mt. Kenya called Trout Tree that I wanted to take Elisha to.  She loves treehouses and has always wanted to live in one, so when I heard about this restaurant built in a huge tree, I knew I had to take her.  The problem was getting her there.  If we hired transport from Mpala, it would be about $50 roundtrip just for the van ride.  We are also limited to going on Sundays since that is our day off.  Last Sunday, our lab crew was driving Zoey to Nanyuki to load up on food and supplies, so I convinced them to go to Trout Tree so that we could drive there in Zoey.  This of course meant that we had Kirsten, Sid, and Pat join us on our date.

Trout tree was a great place.  As I mentioned, it's a restaurant built up in a big tree.  It's surrounded by little ponds where they farm trout.  Thus, the trout we had was of course tasty.  From the tree, you can look across at other trees where black and white colobus monkeys are swinging in the trees.  To cool off your beverages, they have a pulley system that lowers the bottles into the ponds to keep them cool.  Definitely a cool and unique place for a date and also nice to share it with Pat, Sid, and Kirsten.





Traffic Jam on the way to the date

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that tree house restaurant. Looks like a fun date night!

elisha-dawn said...

Trout tree was such an awesome place and had delish food too! I'm freshly inspired once again to build and live in a tree house! Thanks Travis!! That was fun!