Sunday, November 14, 2010

reading the news

Its interesting how once you have been visiting places around the world, the international news is so much more meaningful. Seems like there is always something going on from a place you have visited or something like that.

Just yesterday when I checked cnn.com, there were two major news stories. One about the release of Suu Kyi (the myanmar pro democracy lady who has been under house arrest for ever). The other was about all the deaths on Mt. Merapi, the volcano in indonesia.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/11/13/indonesia.volcano/index.html?hpt=T2

Crazy thing is, is that about 1 year ago, I was standing on top of that volcano with my Czech friends Lukas and Martin! In fact, the picture I took while on top, was the photo my parents used for their Christmas card last year.

1 comment:

Lucas said...

Glad you planned correctly to hit the volcano before it went nuclear!