Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Petra!

I need a haircut!

Got up bright and early to catch a fligt from TLV to Eilat in the very south of israel. Again israel security was intense and again, they had much trouble believing the person on my passport was me! and everyone had to wait a while for me. Then on top of all that, they pull everyone aside, look deep in your eyes and ask you a barage of questions. It feels like ho I would assume it would feel like getting questioned by the CIA or one of those NCIS type shows on television. Really crazy.

Boarded our uneventful flight on a tiny plane down to eilat where we were transferred to the border with Jordan. This border was really not like any other border I had been at before I thnk. Thoug I don't really remember African borders too much. There's a long strip of no man's land between the two countries, in the middle of a desert wasteland that you walk through with barbed wire fences on all sides, millitary men with ak-47's and hummers about.

No comments: